Keeping your vehicle’s brakes, engine, and transmission in good shape is important in order to ensure that it stays in good running order, but those are all “under the hood”. The only thing that people around you will ever see is the vehicle’s paint job. If you want to impress people with your vehicle (which, face it, deep down, all do), it’s vital to keep your vehicle’s paint in good shape!
Want to keep your paint shiny? Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Remove superficial scratches — Tiny dings, dents, and scratches are the price you pay for driving around the city on a daily basis. But did you know that you can remove these small, superficial scratches without taking your car to one of the many auto body shops in Los Angeles? You can buy special scratch-removal products at your local auto parts store or online, and they’ll help you to revitalize your vehicle’s paint job by getting rid of the smaller damage.
- Wash regularly — Dust, tar, dirt, and stains are just part of driving your car around town. But did you know that these particles can actually become embedded in your vehicle’s paint? If that happens, you’ll never get the car clean, no matter how hard you try. For this reason, it’s vital that you give your car a good hosing down every at least once or twice a month. Use soap, car wax, and clean water, and you’ll stop the particles from being absorbed into and ruining your car’s shiny coat of paint!
- Remove bird droppings immediately — There’s not much you can do to stop the birds from pooping on your car, but you shouldn’t allow the bird droppings to remain. The longer the droppings remain, the more likely that they will leave a mark. Use warm water and gently wash the droppings off, being careful not to scratch the finish!
- Park In a garage or covered spot — The sun is one of your worst enemies when it comes to keeping your paint job pristine! The heat and light from the sun will cause your vehicle’s beautiful finish to fade, so the car will look old and faded before its time. The interior may also harden and turn brittle (especially leather seats), and the headlights will yellow (a sign of aging). Park in a garage, or find a shady spot to park your car. Protecting the vehicle from the sun will keep it looking good for years to come!
- Get professional detailing — If your vehicle suffers more serious or visible damage, it’s best to take the car in to an auto body shop in Los Angeles for detailing. You don’t want “just anyone” to do the work, as it requires the right tools and expertise. You should only bring your vehicle to an auto body repair shop you can trust to do a top-quality job, even if you have to pay a bit more for the work.
Your car’s paint job is the “face” you show to the world, so it’s important that you take pride in it and keep your paint looking good!